Cooking for someone, you know, is a true declaration of love, especially if this is a child: every meal prepared by the mother holds a universe of symbols and meanings that go far beyond simple nourishment, the mere “filling of the belly “, but enters the dimension of affectivity and relationship.
The food becomes one of the grounds on which the mother builds her relationship with the newborn, gaining her trust and affection, first through breastfeeding, then through baby food and soups.
And it is precisely in the delicate phase of weaning that mothers must learn to recognize foods that can contribute to the growth and well-being of their child. After lactation with breast milk (or powder), we often face doubts when making choices on the proper nutrition to be adopted for their children.
An excellent starting point includes:
- base the diet on cereals, vegetables and some sources of protein;
- avoid added sugars;
- use the extra virgin olive oil as the only fat.
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the most trusted aids for mothers: thanks to the presence of polyunsaturated fats (in perfect ratio of omega 3 and omega 6), monounsaturated fats (oleic acid) and vitamins represent the food that best complements the breast milk in weaning.
In addition, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil::
- is highly digestible and reduces gastric acidity;
- it is protective for mucous membranes, promoting the digestion of other fats;
- reduces “bad” cholesterol due to the presence of polyphenols;
- solves the problem of constipation that is generated in the child who must change nutrition;
- carries out a prodigious anti-inflammatory action, through polyphenols and oleocanthal, a molecule that has the same functional characteristics as ibuprofen. The EVO Oil also acts on certain diseases of the newborn such as the spasm and the cough.
Advice for mum
- • The ideal quantity for the baby is equal to one or two teaspoons as a condiment of vegetable broths, baby food or soups.
- • Add extra virgin olive oil: This will help a lot because the nutritive characteristics of the product remain completely unaltered. In addition, raw EVO Oil is more easily digested..
This post is also available in: Italian